centre ministries>>mission holidays>> sports evangelism
Sports Evangelism is one of the
major niche markets United Caribbean Trust (UCT) is targeting.
Seen here the Haiti
football team sponsored by UCT
Our mission is to reach and help
other's reach the lost world through sports with the good news of
Our objectives are
• To educate, encourage and partner with outreaching churches,
ministries and individuals in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ
using sport and leisure evangelism.
• To assemble, co-ordinate, train and activate local area interdenominational
teams to evangelize through sport in the countries that God calls
• To support and encourage specific sport ministries in fulfilling
their calling in the Kingdom of God.
• To form relationships with, help disciple and prepare for
sports ministry, sport's men and women who serve Jesus Christ.
• To reach and assist schools and sport's clubs, providing sporting
resources and quality coaching.
• To help unite the body of Christ through team work and outreaches.
• To teach sport's participants God's plan for them in the sporting
UCT is researching the possibility of introducing
Kicking AIDS Out of Dominica.
Sourced from www.kickingaidsout.net
Kicking AIDS Out is an international Network of organisations
working together to use sport and physical activity as a means of
raising awareness about HIV and AIDS and motivating behaviour change
The network shares information and best practices.
It promotes policy development, shares resource material and represents
a forum for exchange and discussion.
Kicking AIDS Out is an approach of combining sports
activities and addressing HIV/AIDS
- Sport is a fun and exciting way to draw people
together that creates an environment conducive to sharing positive
mesages about HIV and AIDS and other health related issues.
- It provides opportunities to influence knowledge
and behaviour through the creation of meaningful mentorig relationships
between participants, Peer Leaders and coaches.
- There is the potential to emphasize and enhance
the life skill learning that is already inherent in participating
- Empowering the youth with a signficant role in
organising and facilitating the physical activities further capatalises
on the power of sport to teach valuable life lessons.