Faith Power Pentecostal
Uganda KIMI Co-ordinator
Goal: Increased awareness, knowledge
and skills among the Youth, Children and Adolescents to appropriately
respond to HIV/AIDS challenge
Strategies: In order to realize Strategic Objective
2, BUCCARIT will use the following strategies.
- Policy Advocacy
- Promotion of Behavior change
- Life clubs in and out of school
- ABC interventions for promotion of abstinence,
safer sex practices among the Youth.
- Promotion of IEC materials.
- Action Research
- Coordination and Collaboration with other actors
- Information dissemination using local FM Radios
- Promoting dialogue discussions between parents,
teachers and children
- Seminars, workshops, targeting specific groups
such as women, youth, adolescents and children plus local leaders.
- Seminars on abstinence, delayed sex, reduction
of multiple partners and practice safer sex.
- Training drama, the use of video shows, life
planning skills, peer education and life clubs.
- Sensitization on dangers of some cultural practices.
- Promotion of HIV/AIDS related services VCT, MTCT,
STI diagnosis and treatment of opportunistic infections and condom
- Picture drawing both in schools and outside schools
plus essay writing and debates competitions
- Guiding and referral of psychosocial cases.
1. No. of Youth/communities actively involved in HIV/AIDS advocacy.
2. No. of Youth committees, clubs, task forces formed to continue
advancing HIV/AIDS awareness.
3. No. of Local leaders, religious leaders and opinion leaders actively
participating and supporting HIV./AIDS awareness campaigns.
4. BUCCARIT capacity increased in HIV/AIDS awareness programming
5. Increased donor and government support to BUCCARIT HIV/AIDS community
6. No. of Adolescents and Youth behaviors change and are positively
practicing safer choices.
Means of verification
1. Internal and external evaluation shall be conducted for purpose
of verifying performance, scored targets and strategies, increase
in HIV/AIDS awareness and behavior change initiatives among communities
of Bundibugyo District.
2. Narratives annual reports on projects implemented.
1. Opportunities for HIV.AIDS awareness support available and Youth/adolescents
willingness to promote safer choices and control of HIV/AIDS prevalence
FACTORS THAT INCREASE THE RISK OF HIV/AIDS