Food For Life Haiti
Alternative Animal Fodder
Haiti Hurricane Relief
home >> the
miracle tree>>food for life
Benzoliv the Miracle Tree - Nutritional value
Nutritional analysis has shown that Benzoliv
leaves are extremely nutritious.
Especially dried Benzoliv leaves.
Seen here the staff at Shape
Lives Foundation sifting the dried leaves in preparation
In fact, they contain larger amounts of several
important nutrients than the common foods often associated with
- Vitamin C, which fights a host of illnesses
including colds and flu;
- Vitamin A, which acts as a shield against eye
disease, skin disease, heart ailments, diarrhea, and many other
- Calcium, which builds strong bones and teeth
and helps prevent osteoporosis;
- Potassium, which is essential for the functioning
of the brain and nerves;
- Proteins, the basic building blocks of all our
Numerous non-governmental organizations in particular
- Trees for Life, Church World Service and Educational Concerns
for Hunger Organization - advocate Benzoliv as “natural nutrition
for the tropics.” Leaves can be eaten fresh, cooked, or stored
as dried powder for many months without refrigeration, and without
loss of nutritional value. Benzoliv is especially promising as a
food source in the tropics because the tree is in full leaf at the
end of the dry season when other foods are typically scarce.
Analyses of the leaf composition have revealed
them to have significant quantities of vitamins A, B and
C, calcium, iron and protein.
According to Optima of Africa, Ltd., a group
that has been working with the tree in Tanzania, "25
grams daily of Moringa Leaf Powder will give a child"
the following recommended daily allowances:
These numbers are particularly astounding; considering this nutrition
is available when other food sources may be scarce. Scientific research
confirms that these humble leaves are a powerhouse of nutritional
Gram for gram, Benzoliv green leaves contain:
- 7 times the vitamin C in oranges
- 4 times the calcium in milk
- 4 times the vitamin A in carrots
- 3 times the potassium in bananas
- 3 times the iron in spinach
- 2 times the protein in milk
Nutritional analysis has shown that Benzoliv leaves
are extremely nutritious especially when dried. With the exception
of vitamin C there is an increase in all other vitamin content in
the dried leaves compared to fresh green leaves.
- 17 times more Calcium in dry Benzoliv leaves than
- 10 times more Vitamin A in dry Benzoliv leaves
than in carrots
- 15 times more Potassium in dry Benzoliv leaves
than in bananas
- 25 times more iron in dry Benzoliv leaves than
- 9 times the protein in dry Benzoliv leaves than
Another important point is that Benzoliv leaves contain
all of the essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of
proteins. It is very rare for a vegetable to contain all of these
amino acids. And Benzoliv contains these amino acids in a good proportion,
so that they are very useful to our bodies. These leaves could be
a great benefit to people who do not get protein from meat.
It is noteworthy that Benzoliv contains Argenine
and Histidine, which are especially important for infants
who are unable to make enough protein for their growth requirements.
Experts tell us that 30% of children in
sub-Saharan Africa are protein deficient. Benzoliv could
be an extremely valuable food source.
This information have not been valuated by the
Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intented to
diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Be sure to check
with your health care professional before taking any dietary supplement.