The Schools Twinning Educational programme has
been designed to create, establish and encourage, linkages between
the schools of Haiti, Grenada (Carriacou), Dominica (Carib Territory)
Guyana, Suriname and Barbados...
expanding exponentially to enjoy the camaraderie
resulting from a global network. .
Schools interested and available for Twinning
are located in a number of countries, including:
The benefits to be
gained for participating schools include:
• the opportunity for lending compassionate support
to recovering students of similar age and gender;
• the opportunity to assist in humanitarian relief efforts
throughout the Caribbean through the ‘Baby
Survival Boxes’ initiative;
• the learning experience of a cultural exchange of information
on respective countries;
• the opportunity to form long-lasting friendships via Internet
• the exchange of ideas, opinions and “a glimpse”
at the lifestyle of another child;
• The opportunity for exposure to alternative working teaching
methods, aids and languages;
• The opportunity for schools to obtain or exchange equipment,
books and visit each other’s websites with the compliments
of the United Caribbean Trust’ website www.UnitedCaribbean.com
• The opportunity to visit other islands, staying in Youth
Hostel Mission facilities provided at the United Caribbean Headquarters
and various Mission Projects.
It is the intention of United Caribbean Trust
to create a dedicated web page for each participating school;
this page will be useful in lending encouragement to the potential
for IT Programmes.
It will facilitate familiarity with computers and will be designed
to attract equipment and other "wish list"
This page is a framework that teachers and pupils can build on.
United Caribbean is willing and able to help in this process.
Sports Evangelism will be one of the major niche markets that
are targeted. UCT will partner with World Sports Ministries their
mission is to reach and help other's reach the lost world through
sport with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Our objectives are
• To educate, encourage and partner with outreaching churches,
ministries and individuals in proclaiming the gospel of Jesus
Christ using sport and leisure evangelism.
• To assemble, co-ordinate, train and activate local area
interdenominational teams to evangelize through sport in the countries
that God calls us to.
• To support and encourage specific sport ministries in
fulfilling their calling in the Kingdom of God.
• To form relationships with, help disciple and prepare
for sports ministry, sport's men and women who serve Jesus Christ.
• To reach and assist schools and sport's clubs, providing
sporting resources and quality coaching.
• To help unite the body of Christ through team work and
• To teach sport's participants God's plan for them in the
This is how it all began!
Seen below the first meeting with the principles in Carriacou in
Principles, parents and pupils
have been interviewed in an attempt to test the market and
a very positive response has now encouraged the United Caribbean
Trust to proceed with the programme in Barbados, Guyana and
Seen here the Carriacou Ministry of Education,
Mrs. Gertrude Niles (Click
to read letter from Mrs Niles)
A suggestion was made to look into twinning
schools from Barbados and Trinidad with schools in Carriacou,
Haiti and the Americas, this was met with enthusiasm and with
that in mind we agreed to create web pages for each school with
a view of building on these pages as supplies are shipped and
the situation in the schools eased by the help of the women's
NGO's of the Caribbean. <
Read more >