United through schools
home >> sports
- Getting started
TIPS TO HELP YOU GET STARTED:
- Keep the program moving children have short
attention spans and are easily distracted.
- Drama and story-telling should take no more than
8-10 minutes, usually less.
- Linking comments by the Announcer and Roger Runalot
should be brief.
- Share It! (small group discussion) can be as
little as 5-10 minutes Choose from the list of activities that
- Sometimes – especially with older children
– it will go longer, because they are involved in an important
discussion. Make time to chat personally with children who show
- Make some choices and adaptations. How
might you do this?
Go through the program and make decisions about what is
best for your group and what can be omitted. For example:
- In many cases, we have given choices because
we know that around the world, children live in different
circumstances. Choose those scenarios that suit your children.