1. Standard Question & Answer
Q. Sarah Ann Gill, a Methodist Church leader, strove
to preserve her community
against riots and persecution. Her country, Barbados, has honoured
A. (a) a National Hero; (b) a Dame; (c) Governor General.
Q. If Joseph, son of Jacob wishes to become a lecturer on agricultural
to which UWI campus would you rightly direct him?
A. (a). Mona (b) St. Augustine; (c) Cave Hill
Q. As a Caribbean Prime Minister, over which of these monetary institutions
you likely to have a greater measure of control?
A. (a). IMF (b). World Bank (c). Regional Development
Q. At 383 not out, batting for the West Indies,
you are seventeen (17) runs away
from which cricketer’s highest individual Test innings?
A. (a) Matthew Hayden (b) Sir Garfield Sobers (c)
2. Speed Round (matching):
* people to people- Esau and …
* people and nationality- Sir Arthur Lewis, Nobel
* people and events- established 100 m world record
* events and importance- Treaty of Chaguaramas:
* events and dates- ICC West Indies World Cup Cricket
* institutions and locations- T.A. Marryshow College:
Recite references without hesitation, deviation
e.g. Recite the pledge of your country without hesitation,
deviation or repetition.
4. Basic Research
e.g. Name two CARICOM states with thriving bauxite
industries which could employ you following your qualification as
a chemical engineer.
5. Completing references
e.g. ‘Emancipate yourself from mental …mind’
6. Identification of Caribbean
faces, symbols, places and sounds
e.g. If you were checking universities online and
came across this logo; which university website would you have logged