Barbados Island Tour
The WISH Centre
Goshen Conference Resorts
|| iihome >> hike to bath beach >> hhiking tips
Here are some vitally important things to remember when you are underting any hiking in Barbados.
- Normally on any hot day we recommend one litre of water per person per hour.
- There is NO substitute for fresh water, sugary drinks may have place in giving you extra energy but nothing can substute for water.
- Wear a good pair of hiking boots or walking shoes with a tread.
- When purchaseing walking boots get them half a size over your regular foot size.
- Wear heavy duty socks and take an extra pair to ensure that your feet are kept dry.
- Barbados is hot and humid tropical island, and visitors can feel very overwhelmed in the heat. Wear loose fitting cloths.
- Light coloured cotton fabrics are the most recommended for hikes in Barbados.
- A hat is an essential part of the kit!
- A stick may come in handy and a heavy duty pair of gardening gloves may be a good thing to put in your rucksack.
- Remember to take any medication that you are currently administered. If you are not sure check with your doctor as to your ability to endure a long hike.
- Even if the weather is overcast, you are still capable of getting sunburn! SPF sunblock of 30 and over with both UVA and UVB protection is recommended.
- Sunblock should be reapplied every four hours during the hike.
- Spray a bug repellant before and during your hike.
- Toilet paper
- Wet wipes
- Cell phone
- Basic med kit (with plaster and antiseptic lotion)