It also contains
vitamins B2, E and K, fiber, calcium, copper, folate, iron,
manganese, phosphorus and potassium. With all the nutrition
that it provides, guava hardly contains any fats. Moreover,
Guava is one of the least chemically treated and sprayed fruits
in the world.
Here are some serving tips:
• Eat fresh guava as it is, to enjoy its natural
flavor and unique taste.
• Guava fruit juice is a popular delicious drink in many parts.
• Sliced guava-cubes are a great addition to fruit salads.
• The fruit is also extensively used to make candies, preserves,
jellies, jams, marmalade, etc.
Information sourced from www.nutrition-and-you.com
Health benefits of Guava
1. Guava is low in calories and fats but carry several
vital vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant that play a pivotal role
in the prevention of cancers, aging, infections, etc.
2. The fruit is very rich source of soluble dietary
fiber which makes it a good bulk laxative and reduce cancer-causing
chemicals in the colon.
3. Guava-fruit is an excellent source of Vitamin-C.
100 g fresh fruit provides 228 mg of this vitamin, more than three
times the required DRI. Helping the human body develop resistance
against infectious agents
4. Guava is a very good source of Vitamin-A and
Flavonoids, these compounds are essential for good health. Further,
Vitamin-A is also required for maintaining healthy skin and good
5. Studies suggest that pink guavas prevents skin
damage from UV rays and offer protection from prostate cancer.
6. Fresh fruit is a very rich source of potassium.
It contains more potassium than other fruits like banana weight
per weight. Potassium is an important component of cell and body
fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
7. Guava has a moderate source of B-complex vitamins,
vitamin E and K, as well as minerals like magnesium, copper, and
8. Guava fruit is good for the digestive track.
Its antibacterial property helps clean the digestive track. Discouraging
bacteria growth and promotes digestion and excretion.
9. The hypoglycemic effect of Guava juice is useful
in the treatment of diabetes.
10. The rich fiber content of Guava is extremely
beneficial for diabetic people. Regulating sugar levels and reducing
sudden spikes in sugar levels.
11. Due to the high levels of Vit C, Guava is excellent
for improving your immunity and keep you disease free. Eat 1 Guava
daily builds up immunity against coughs, colds and the flu.
12. Guava rich in vitamin C, A, antioxidants, and
lycopene helps in prevention of prostate and other types of cancers.
13. Regularly eating guava can help reduce bad cholesterol.
Health Benefits of Guava Leaves
1. Maintains Oral Health:
Herbalists recommend the use of tender leaves of guava (in
paste form) to maintain oral hygiene. The leaves have anti-inflammatory,
analgesic and antimicrobial properties that help reduce gum
inflammation and leave your breath fresh and clean.
2. Keeps your heart healthy:
Drinking Guava leaf tea, prepared by steeping the dried leaves
in hot water lowers cholesterol and improves your vascular
system and reduces the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
3. Treats Diarrhea:
Guava leaves are herbal remedy for diarrhea and dysentery. For treating
diarrhea, boil 30 grams of guava leaves with a handful of rice flour
in 1-2 glasses of water and drink twice a day.
4. Reduces the risk of diabetes:
To help prevent diabetes drink Guava tea. Dry the washed, clean
Guava leaves in the shade, crush the dried leaves into a powder.
Add 1 teaspoon of the powder to a cup of boiled water. Cover and
allow to steep for 5 min, stain and drink once daily.
5. Builds up your immunity: Drinking
Guava tea daily builds up immunity against coughs, colds and the
6. Prevent type 2 diabetes: Guava
leaf tea can managing blood sugar levels helping to prevent type
7. Reduces cholesterol: Regularly
taking guava leaf for months can help reduce bad cholesterol
8. Treats stomach cancer: Guava
leaf extract is so potent that it has the potential to treat patients
with gastric (stomach) cancer.
9. Treats cancer: Guava leaves’
high lycopene content is vital to fighting cancers, such as breast,
prostate and oral cancer.
10. Treats dengue fever: Guava
leaves are considered a natural remedy for dengue fever. This is
because guava leaf extract can increase the number of platelets
in the blood and is not toxic at all. For this purpose 9 pieces
of guava leaves should be boiled in 5 cups of water until 3 cups
of water is left. After straining and cooling, a cup of this concoction
should be given to the patient three times a day.
This information is intended
solely for the general information of the reader.The
contents is not intended to offer personal medical advice, diagnose
health problems or for treatment purposes. It is not a substitute
for medical care provided by a licensed and qualified health professional.
Please consult your health care provider for any advice on medications.
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW
TO LEARN MORE...
SOWING SEEDS OF SUCCESS - MORINGA CURRICULUM
HEAL A HURTING HEART - CORONA CRISIS