home>>>uganda>>fppm>>proposal>> conflict management
SO. 3 CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
Goal: to empower and enhance capabilities
of the youth and marginalized in conflict resolution and management
for purposes of creating harmony and co-existence for sustainable
Strategies: in order to realize
strategies objective 3, BUCCARIT will use the following strategies,
- Dialogue and supporting and enhancing community
based peace initiatives
- Data collections and accessibility to information
- Collaboration and coordination
- Promotion of participatory policy making and
- Intercultural exposure and dialogue.
- Cultural galas, MDD and extra mural activities
- Documentation and dissemination/ research and
- Seminars and workshops
- Community trainings
- Training in conflict resolution skills
- Field visits, regional and cross board visits
- Formation and support of peace clubs
Communities are actively working for peace through traditional and
non-traditional means of conflict resolution.
Means of verification
1. Number of communities that have conflict resolution programmer/activities
i.e. carrying out traditional or non- traditional conflict resolution
2. One Monitoring and evaluation report on peace building and project
3. Number of advocacy campaigns on peace organized and youth groups
actively involved in peace building and peace clubs.
1. Te security situation will not significantly affect the implementation
of the programme.
2. The community affected by the conflicts, Government, NGOS, Donors,
BUCCARIT Partners and all stakeholders will support conflict resolution
initiatives and show commitment to conflict resolution.