home>> super fruits
TOP TEN GOOD REASONS FOR EATING MORE FRUIT
1. Fruit are low in fat provided you don’t fry them in oil, so eating them can help you maintain a healthy weight and keep your heart healthy.
2. Fruit are low in calories. Enjoy lower calorie snacks by choosing fruit instead of other sweet foods.
3. Fruit contain lots of water. In fact certain fruits like watermelon contain over 90% water.
4. Fruit have relatively low carbohydrate content in comparison to rice, cereals and pasta. This means less calories resulting in your body producing less insulin.
5. Fruit contain soluble fibres. This can help to make you feel full. Fibre also helps maintain a healthy gut and prevents constipation and other digestion problems.
6. Including lots of different fruits in your diet can help you to eat a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Eating a diet rich in fruits lowers levels of certain cancers, heart disease and stroke.
7. Fruits are naturally low in sodium or salt. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body raises your blood pressure.
8. Fruits like bananas and avocado are good sources of potassium, which can help you to maintain a healthy blood pressure. High blood pressure can increase your risk of stroke.
9. Fruit contains Folic Acid (Folate). Many fruits contain folic acid, but citrus fruits rank the highest, other folate-rich fruits include papaya. Pregnant women need to ensure they take a folic acid supplement. Folate reduces the risk of birth defects during your baby’s development.
10. Fruits bring an incredible variety of colours, flavours, and textures to meals and snacks. They taste amazing and delicious when cooked correctly, but they can taste even more delicious sometimes raw!