home >> united caribbean
CARIBBEAN TRUST- school wish list
Following damage assessment in the schools of Carriacou, United Caribbean
met with the principals
of the schools. It was agreed that the concept of Barbados and Trinidad
schools twinning or adopting a school in Carriacou and Grenada was an
that in mind, the United Caribbean team documented the pupils, their schools
and the damages sustained, in order to set a framework on which we could
build. Lists of schools' needs for supplies to be donated are posted on
Schools may be helped by their counterparts throughout the Caribbean.
schools are linked to local churches,(ie. Anglican, Roman Catholic and
Methodist). These organisations will be approached to encourage the youth
in Barbadian churches to become involved in this very special 'School
Chat rooms between the twinned schools could produce a modern day 'pen
pal' arrangement as teachers felt this exercise could be integral to students'
Click on the 'school challenges' on the side bar to learn about the schools
on the island and how your school can help.
1. Furniture for students and teachers
2. Three (3) tents for classrooms
3. No water in tank because of leaking roof, damage spouting and guttering
4. Windows for original building
(110 sets of Aluminum) size: Length - 54` 5`` Width - 30` 7``
5. Rebuilding of Tuck Shop
6. Equipment for Tuck Shop
7. Electronic Projector, Lap Top (Computer) and educational software,
tape recorder, CD player.
8. Sewing Machines and materials for Clothing and Textiles
9. Technical Drawing and Construction room, tools and equipment.
10. Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology Apparatus, Chemicals for
Chemistry, light microscope etc.).
Some problems were further compounded after the passage of Hurricane
(1) Water supply
(2) Ventilation in the Community Office
(3) Additional Staff
(4) Furniture for Students and Staff
(5) School Supplies: Chalk, registers, dusters, books, paper, cartridge
for photocopier, toilet tissues, first- aid supplies
(1) computer and printer
(2) Library Books
(4) Wall Charts and Maps
(5) Any other items necessary for Educational Purposes
Click on the 'School twinning' dropdown below to visit other schools